Friday, January 28, 2011

Weird



According to my daughter, I am weird. Why else would I be sketching my blender? For the Sketchbook Challenge of course - the January theme is "Highly Prized". There are so many things I highly prize - my family, my faith, my health ... the list goes on. However, I love my Vitamix blender - I use it 3 or more times in a day - it sits on my kitchen bench at the ready. I make my green smoothie every morning in my blender using whatever fruits are in season plus some greens such as spinach and kale. A wonderful way to start the day. I make my almond milk in the blender, salad dressings, my chocolate nut bread (see previous post), soup, etc. It makes short work of anything I throw into it. With my raw diet, there is no way I could manage without it - so here she is - my highly prized kitchen appliance!

Great news - I managed to salvage my painting for One World One Heart blog giveaway (starting on Monday!). I will give her a couple of days to dry then spray her with fixative so no other accidents will affect her. Onto my next project now - stay tuned.

10 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

How did I not know you eat raw? I love that you chose your blender. And a nice rendition of it I will say!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nice job on the blender, Brenda!

Looking forward to seeing your next project - so glad you were able to rescue your OWOH project.

xoxo

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Hi Brenda. I'm leaving my comment here since I already have a beautiful canvas of yours (that sits in my studio for inspiration). I'm so glad you were able to salvage your painting for OWOH. I am glad I decided to participate, you were right in your words to me that it is what you make of it. Cheers and onward!

Kerin said...

Wow! Just started the OWOH today and also starting raw foods this week so you can imagine my surprise when I saw this post!

I have ordered a Vitamix with the grain mill container and it's on the way. Yesterday my Excalibur dehydrator came and I'm making my first batch in there which is flax seed crackers.

How awesome to find another artist doing raw foods! : )

Kristen Powers said...

I want a vitamix! I am so confused on which one to buy :) but I love your sketch and I can completely understand why you chose it as one of your 'highly prized" items !!

Lisa said...

Ooh how cool! Art from real life stuff (I did the Sketchbook Challenge as well). I've been dreaming of the Vitamix...but am still holding off to make sure my smoothie-making isn't a phase. :)

Cheryl said...

OK...yet one more artist that has just ordered a Vitamix and has been reading a ton about becoming a raw foodie. Crazy - how is that possible??! Great sketch.

K J D said...

Haven't forgotten about the recipe you asked for! Couldn't remember which cook book it was in!

Been a bit busy ... will email you tomorrow or Friday.... made a (naughty) but very nice butter cake today... I love making cakes :)

Girl on Raw said...

Oh I am hearing ya! I even take my VM on holidays with me hehe and convinced my mum to buy one when I stayed with her for 4 months last year waiting for my visa to head back to the Middle East. I would be drawing the same thing :) Thanks for popping by my blog!