Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shading




It has been a day of colour today. The hairdresser painted my hair, I painted the last of the walls in my bedroom (and it looks fantastic) and I have completed the shading on my one world one heart girl.

I mixed up my skin tone and put two coats all over the skin areas (photo 1). I then used a darker tone to do the shadow areas (photo 2) and lastly I applied the highlights (photo 3). I am really out of practice with my shading and the paint dried so quickly I had to re-do a number of areas which is why it looks a little patchy. However, as my mum used to say "a blind man would be pleased to see it" or I guess a more politically correct way to verbalise this these days would be "a visually impaired person would be pleased to see it".

We welcomed a new addition to our family today - Sarah is a cockatiel and she is beautiful. She has made herself at home, is very tame and loves to be with us. We are going to get a companion for her next weekend so that when we are at work and school she doesn't feel alone. We are calling her companion "Chuck" - we really love the Chuck tv program - can you tell?

2 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Hi Brenda,

Your shading and highlighting looks good. I'm looking forward to the next step.

xoxo

Art Expression said...

Looks very good, can not wait to see her when she is all finish , I just love faces = )