Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cosmos


The Creative Every Day 2011 challenge for the month of January 2011 is "Cosmos". I guess most people would think of cosmos as being what is out in space but being the gardening lover that I am, I immediately thought of the flowers cosmos. I love cosmos, their beautiful ferny foliage and their vibrant colours. I must plant some soon. I was unsuccessful with my last planting, the soil here is very poor and rocky and dries out very quickly on a 44C day!

My sketch of cosmos was done using Derwent Inktense pencils and a Pitt artist pen. Now onto completing the painting of the walls of our bedroom, making the most of the public holiday before returning to work tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

You're back! I do love the Inktense pencils, so rick and so easy to smush. I've signed up for the Sketchbook Challenge too. I'm really trying to hold back on "signing up" for things as I tend to overwhelm myself. That is a lovely sketch of your candle. Perspective is one thing that has always escaped me in drawing - alas. But I am keen to keep trying. Happy New Year!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo I Love Cosmos too...you have captured them beautifully Brenda!
The colors and silkiness of them always slays me ;)
oxo