Monday, January 10, 2011

Hair Glorious Hair



I think the hair is my favourite part of the portrait. Eyebrows are my least favourite, they are really hard to get right and the more you fiddle the worse they look. I have painted my one world one heart girl's hair red - I love this colour, it is so vibrant and alive. It is really great to be painting again - I go down the back of my yard to my studio where it is peaceful and I can be in my own little world - very relaxing. I thought you might like to see a picture of my workbench - I'm a very messy artist and don't clean up as I go. When I have completed my project I get everything back in order. What you can't see is my overflowing rubbish bin - it is filled with paper towel and junk food wrappers - not mine - they belong to my children who use the studio for sleepovers with their friends. Hope you are enjoying this work in progress. I am up to Day 10 of my Create Every Day challenge.

4 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

She's a beauty. I love your trademark heart shaped face.

xoxo

jgr said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for your comment and for 'following' my blog! I'm glad to 'meet' you and discover your beautiful art, I'm going back to scroll around.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Wow - you let your kids in your studio?! And for sleepovers?! I have always loved your girls hair. I can see how eyebrows would be challenging, but I think you nailed it with this beauty.

Tee McNeil Art said...

I don't know... I think you did a great job with the eyebrows. I did one where I did a line for the brows but I usually paint them in realistically.

So glad we found each other!

tEe