Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hair and blog award




I managed to paint two of my angel girl's hair - as you can see, they are redheads. I rather like red hair. I was going to paint one blonde but didn't have the colour paint needed (that's the trouble when you are just starting out - getting supplies in dribs and drabs). They have two coats of hair colour, and I need to add in the texture, highlights, shadows, etc, but at least I have made a start.

Trish, my wonderful, talented friend has awarded me my first blog award. This award states that: This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY- nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends, they are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

Such a nice award - I'm supposed to pass it on to 8 bloggers for the reasons stated above:
1. Jo 2. Linda 3. Katherine 4. Annette 5. Teri Leigh 6. Vicki 7. Heather 8. Sherry

8 comments:

Trish said...

I have a basket of acrylics that i use for my art journal-I just used the skin tone, white and burnt sienna (had to mix them a bit) I'm not sure how to outline her eyes? I think Wyanne uses watercolor pencil, I may try that
well, I am going to bed-I went to work at 4am for a bit so the boys mom could go shopping, now I am really tired (and she was sick, I hope I don't get it! have to go back there today too)

sherry carrigan said...

Thanks for the award Brenda. I woke up feeling about the same, so I think I'll stay in for the day.

Teri Leigh said...

Brenda, thanks for the award. How sweet of you to think of me. I was having a low day and you have put a smile on my face :)

Vicki Holdwick said...

Brenda,

I like the hair so far; I really like the heart shape it gives the face.

Thank you so much for the award. It is my first, and coming from you it means a lot.

Carolyn Albro said...

Ohhhh they look so good!! I LOVE red hair. It's so fun seeing how your girls progress.

Congratulations on the award : )))

Linda said...

Brenda,

Congratulations on your blog award and it is so sweet of you to award it to me as well. I appreciate it. I'll work on passing the love around.

By the way, did you see my message to you on the Soul Journal yahoo group? I'm glad you signed up for the group as they are some really creative and supportive types there. I think you will enjoy it. I have learned so much from being a part of the group.

Your girls are really coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Jo Wholohan said...

love your latest girl brenda, she has wonderful hair :))

thank you so much for the kind award xx