Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Surprise in the mail


I can't believe it has been over a month since my last blog entry - so sorry - have I been slack or what!!

Yesterday a lovely surprise arrived in the mail from the USA. Upon opening I discovered this gorgeous little cardboard shrine and a packet of ephemera. These were sent by the lovely and talented Carol over at Swallowcliffs Blogspot as part of her 29 gifts project. Carol made up 29 parcels containing pieces of art she had made, wrote about it on her blog and asked those that might be interested in receiving a parcel to indicate their interest by commenting on that blog post. From all the names of people that expressed interest, 29 names were drawn to randomly receive a package. How cool is that and how generous. I'm thinking about participating in it myself, but I have to create some artworks first and they'd have to be fairly light because postage from Australia to the States is horrendously expensive. If you want to find out more about the 29 gifts project go to 29 gifts. Thanks again Carol for your generosity.

0 comments: